Guruphiliac: Guru Buries Herself For World <strike>Publicity</strike> Peace



Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Guru Buries Herself For World Publicity Peace

File under: The Siddhi of PR

[Ed.note: While we desire world peace and unity as much as anyone else, we just can't seem to muster much faith in stunts like these.]

A Japanese guru has just emerged from an underground chamber where she had "buried" herself for 6 days, allegedly in an effort to increase world peace. Keiko Aikawa claimed she reduced her need for food and water by remaining in samadhi during her stay in the spider hole.

But not all in India, where the stunt took place, were impressed:
APS Chauhan, professor of political science, said such meditations might only be a gimmick for self promotion by self-proclaimed spiritual gurus and had nothing to do with world peace.

Dinesh Mishar, who heads a rationalist group, said there was no miracle in such a feat and anyone could do it with practice. Such a pit would have sufficient air for five to seven days, he said.
And based on the news today, we're not seeing much of an increase in world peace. But luckily for us, one more guru's name is in the papers, helping to keep the cosmic karma in balance for at least one more day.

6 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 11:15 AM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

Yet I'm not promoting myself as anything other than a fool with an opinion, commenting on things I find in the news.

World peace would be much better served by a little bit of discrimination, rather than stunts like these which do nothing but increase name and fame at the expense of spiritual understanding rather than the enhancement of it.

 
At 10/27/2005 1:16 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

Why don't you do something to promote (your view of) spiritual understanding.

I do promote my view of spiritual understanding, by way of the negative examples of the gurus I am commenting on.

You are helping to hinder world peace by spewing your hatred of these people over the web.

Hatred? It's called sarcasm and irony. Grow some skin. I may be hating on some occlusion-spewing gurus, but I don't hate them, just the superstition-filled nonsense they promote as their spiritual understanding.

 
At 10/27/2005 1:35 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

Sure, and they all have as much to do with self-realization as my dog's ass.

Actually, I believe "transmission of kundalini" to be a misnomer. I'm convinced shaktipat happens by way of a mechanism similar to faith-healing. Even if folks aren't believing in it, if you get them in the room with the guru and it's their time, their kundalini will go off. The guru taking credit for that is disingenuous to say the least.

 
At 10/27/2005 3:10 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

I'm not presenting myself as self-realized. I'm just a jerk with some opinions. I'll let others decide if I know what I am talking about.

 
At 10/27/2005 5:45 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

Bhakti and I have entirely different personality styles. She accepts and I pick apart.

I'm glad you enjoy the blog. Please keep reading and please tell all your friends.

 
At 10/27/2005 8:31 PM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

It's the hoopla her spiritual teacher allows to flourish around her that I don't care for. Bhakti doesn't seem to think it's a problem, but I see it as the main reason most of her devotees are not coming to their own self-realization.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home