Guruphiliac: One Gal's Rules For A Guru



Saturday, September 09, 2006

One Gal's Rules For A Guru

File under: The Art of Guruing

We spend a lot of time at tribe.net, a social networking community that is loaded with folks chasing whatever dreams of enlightenment they may have. We've recently met one gal who has this to say about evaluating a guru:
1. Can I come and go as I please with no pressure to leave family behind.
2. Can I have sex and not feel that I need to hide it.
3. Are the teachings inspirational in their approach and not a dogma.
Three easy rules for gurudom. That sounds like the makings of a book to us.

2 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this! You are a gem in so many ways and inspire me more so than many gurus.

 
At 9/10/2006 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Few more that comes to mind ...

4. Can I be free from weekly,monthly,annual and life memberships?

5. Can I still go and visit other gurus whom I like to visit?

6. Can i stay away from the deeksha?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home